Lasell's online programs allow students to collaborate with peers and faculty with our "high touch" philosophy. Students participate in authentic learning experiences and develop well-informed voices as they progress through their chosen program.
Online faculty complete a seven-week online certification course prior to teaching in Lasell's Online program, and regularly attend workshops designed to support the College's learner-centered philosophy.
Student community and faculty presence are the hallmarks of our online course design.
What can I expect from Lasell's Online Program?
- An online forum for discussions with classmate and professors
- Helpful online orientation instructions to get started with your online courses
- Access to the library archives, journals, our Academic Achievement Center, Online tutoring, and more
What kind of assignments should I expect from Lasell Online?
- Online discussions with peers in Moodle
- Case studies
- Reading assignments
- Research papers and projects
- Online quizzes
I've never taken an online course before; what do I need to do to be successful as an online student?
- Be willing to dedicate 12 - 18 hours a week per course
- Be proactive in online discussions with classmates and professors
- Log in to your Moodle course daily to check for updates and discussion posts
- Have access to a computer and a reliable Internet connection
- Set up a schedule for completing assignments and responding to discussions