Community and Government Relations
Lasell College benefits from being located in the beautiful City of Newton. The College seeks to contribute to the quality of life in the city, through its positive impact in such areas as the economy, cultural life, and community service.
Our goal is to maintain positive relationships between Lasell College, our neighbors, and the greater Newton community. This is accomplished by fostering the spirit of honest and open communication, mutual understanding, and creative collaboration with the people whose neighborhood Lasell shares. We strive to inform the community about Lasell campus plans, events and activities, gather community feedback about upcoming projects, and bring forward any concerns or suggestions to campus leadership.
We also strive to establish and enhance relationships with area businesses, non-profits, and government entities with the purpose of promoting opportunities for student internships, service, and research. It is our hope to also identify and coordinate opportunities for partnership among the City of Newton, community organizations, and the College.
- Community Benefits
- 10% graduate tuition discount for City of Newton Employees
- Auditing Courses
- Access to the Minuteman Library Network
- Small Business Institute
- Rockwell Child Study Centers
- The Barn
- Lasell Radio
- Community Partnerships
- Lasell is proud of its partnerships with community organizations including: The Second Step, the Lincoln-Eliot School, Birthday Wishes, Auburndale Community Library, Newton Girl Scouts, Newton/San Juan Del Sure Sister City Project, Newton Childcare Commission, Waltham Community Day Center, Discovering What’s Next.
- Link to the Center for Community Based Learning
- Cultural Events
- What’s Happening at Lasell: Link to “Lasell Matters”
- Athletic Events
- Link to the Athletic Schedule